Saturday, October 18, 2008

Too Long

Wow! I can't believe it has been since August that I've posted. I guess I've been a little busy. Also nothing major has happened. Just the usual, work, fun with LC, trips up north, LC falling off the playground equipment at the park. Oh wait...that was major.

Monday I picked LC up from school and she mentioned that her head hurt. I asked if she had a headache and she said yes. On the way home, she mentioned a few more times. So when we got home I gave her some Motrin and we ate dinner. Mr. Jeep has a class on Monday nights, so it's just LC and I for the evening. We've also started meeting my GF Christa and her daughter Talia for a playdate (I hate that word and that hopefully will be the last time I use it) at the park. So after dinner I asked LC how her head was and she said great. So we went to the park. We went to their park this week and the play structure has a bridge that moves slightly for the kids to walk across. LC had walked across it a couple of times. I'm standing there talking to Christa and next thing I know, I'm watching LC fall off the bridge at the highest point. She landed on the sand on her back. She started crying and was just lying there. Instantly I notice that her lips are bleeding. She must have bit them on her way down. Christa and I both started to pick her up and then backed off because we didn't know if she had broken anything. So I did a quick assessment of her and she seemed to be o.k. I picked her up and she was crying. I checked her out for any bruising or bumps and I didn't see any. Finally she was better and was back to playing.

We went home and she went to bed. Around 10 pm she woke up fussing. Mr. Jeep went in there and LC was burning up. We took her temperature and sure enough, she had a fever. We had to wait until 11 pm to give her Motrin. We gave it to her and she finally went back to bed, only to wake up one more time during the night.

Unfortunately, I had to go to work on Tuesday. Mr. Jeep stayed home with her and took her to the doctor. This is the doctor's official diagnosis (it's a good thing doctor's have such a lengthy education):

"She has an ear infection in her left ear and some sort of germ in her throat."

WTF?!? A "germ" in her throat. Apparently the doctor did a throat culture and ruled out Strep, but could only come up with a "germ" for the diagnosis. I don't get it. Anyway, she put her on Amoxicillin and gave us drops for her ears. Up until yesterday (Friday) she was running a fever everyday. She seems to better, although today she is crabby as all get out.

It's a good thing she mentioned the headache when I had picked her up from school on Monday. Otherwise I would have been freaking out that the fall caused her to have the fever and something else was going on. It makes more sense now as to why she fell, her balance was probably off due to the ear infection.

No comments: