So I started feeling like I was coming down with something on Thursday. You know, the achy joint feeling and something's just not right feeling? Well I had it. Friday, my throat started hurting and I was still achy off and on. Saturday and Sunday I was really achy and I had the chills. We ended up taking LC to the Zoo Boo Saturday night with friends and by the time we got back to the car, I was spent. Sunday I didn't leave the house and I felt like absolute doo-doo. I finally took my temperature and sure enough it was 100.9. And I really couldn't swallow. Every time I tried, it felt like I was swallowing razor blades.
This morning I couldn't even get my butt out of bed at 5:00 am to go running. I was still achy and my throat felt like it was sewed shut. Finally I got out of bed (I didn't go running) and grabbed the flashlight to look into my mouth. I saw the most bizarre thing...it appeared on the right side of my throat that my tonsils were swollen and then on the left side, the only way I can describe it is, it looked like a polyp and my uvula was swollen! WTF?!? Mr. Jeep looked at it and said "You need to go to the doctor immediately today." I ended up going to work (stupid me) and went to the doctor in the afternoon. It turns out I have tonsillitis and fluid in both ears. It's not an ear infection, just fluid which apparently is common when there is an infection. She put me on Augmentin tablets and told me to rest.
Rest? Did you hear that? Rest? Um, excuse me, how am I supposed to go running if I'm resting? I'm running a 10K on November 9th and I really don't need to be resting. I know I'll do fine even if I take a few days off to "rest", but what about my therapy (which is how I often view running)? I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning. I really hate being sick.
2 comments:
I hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick in the middle of training for a race. I'm doing my very first 1/2 marathon on Nov 2nd. I'm trying to taper this week as my body is screaming from all the training. After the race, it's time for some serious yoga.
How did the 1/2 marathon go? I have to get back into yoga. I love it!
Post a Comment