Monday, October 27, 2008

Will Work For Wine

My household is most likely going to be going through a major life-changing event in the near future. Mr. Jeep works for one of the big three. For the sake of anonymity I will not mention which one, but I'm sure if you're familiar with the Detroit auto industry, you'll figure it out quickly. The one he works for is most likely going to be sold/bought out by one of the other two. This means that Mr. Jeep will more than likely, check that, for sure lose his job. I'm trying not to get stressed out about it because truthfully there is nothing that we can do. It's just that it's such a crappy time for anyone to lose a job. (Not that any time is good) There are only two months until Christmas. And the way it looks we will either:

  1. Be making all of our gifts
  2. Not buying much
  3. Begging

It will probably end up being a combination of #1 and #2.

This also means that in my job search I need to find a position that provides good healthcare. That is ultimately our concern, the healthcare. I know we'll some how make everything work, but the healthcare aspect is a little tough. I can probably go to my current employer and ask to be under their healthcare and this is probably what will happen.

It's a tough, tough world and it's only getting tougher!

No comments: