Saturday, October 18, 2008

Como esta?

Yesterday morning I had to go to the bathroom and as usual I wasn't allowed to do it alone. LC was in there with me. Our shower curtain is a white shower curtain with flowers that I embroidered on the bottom with buttons for the center of the flowers. Very cute, if I do say so myself. LC has always been obsessed with the buttons. She doesn't try to pull them off, she just likes to touch them. So I got done in the bathroom and she was sitting on the floor in the bathroom and she says, "I'm going to stay here and look at the buttons." I said, "Knock yourself out." As I was walking out of the bathroom I hear, "uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, nueve, ocho, siete..." I know she got out of order at the end, but she.was.counting.in.spanish! I have never taught her how to count in Spanish. I stopped turned around and she started again. Of course I started praising her and telling her that was fantastic. I asked her if they're teaching her that at school and she said no. I asked if she learned it by watching Dora and she said no. The only I can figure is that she has picked it up from Dora.

I'm pretty impressed! That's my girl!

No comments: