Mr. Jeep and I have a wedding dinner thing to go to this Saturday evening. This meant that I had to go buy a new dress for the occasion. I really don't enjoy dress shopping. I like to buy clothes with color and somehow whenever I have to buy a dress, I usually end up with something black. There have been exceptions, but the majority are black. I went to Lakeside Mall Sunday morning and I thought I was doing great by getting there before 10:30 am. I figured I would be done before noon and the day wouldn't have been wasted. I get to the mall only to find out that the stores don't open until 11:00 am. WTF?!? The only store that was open was Sears. I ended up taking my time looking at clothes at Sears until it was almost time for everyone else to open.
When it got to be about 10:50 am, I decided to head over to Macy's. Apparently I didn't walk slow enough because I still had about 8 minutes to go when I got there. So I sat outside the store and decided to wait. I don't know if anyone else has ever been a witness to the opening of a Macy's store, but it's something. A little before 11 am, a guy makes an announcement to the store employees that the store will be open for business in about 1 minute. This was the announcement by the over-zealous announcer guy:
"Okay everybody the store will be open for business in 1 minute. Place everyone, places. Get into position. Is everyone in position? I'll be opening up the upper level gate first. Do not let anyone in until I have completely opened the gate. Lower level - don't open the gate until I have given you instruction to do so. Is everyone smiling? Is everyone ready for a great day? O.k., I'm opening up the upper level gate. Here we go...3, 2, 1 and Macy's is open for business! Yay! Welcome everyone to Macy's! The lower level will be opening in a few seconds!"
So I'm sitting there waiting for the lower level to open. I can see 2 employees on the other side of the gate, but they're not budging. (apparently announcer guy means business when he says not to open until he has given the instruction) About 2 minutes or so go by and this other customer who had also been waiting, decides she's not going to wait any longer and walks under the gate and goes in the store. A few minutes goes by and the gate is still not opening. I'm not a patient person, so this is killing me! I almost walked up the stairs to the upper level and went in the open gate on the upper level. Just as I'm contemplating this, I see what I now know is announcer guy come running through the store toward the gate. He says to the 2 employees, "Good morning! Are we ready?" As he's opening the gate, he peers out of the gate and has the big-ass stupid grin on his face. By this time the other 2 employees have joined him at the gate. When the gate was open he says, "Good morning everyone! Welcome to Macy's! Have a great day!" The other 2 also say the same thing. With this kind of a welcome I was expecting champagne, strawberries, something. But no, that was it. It was the strangest thing. Although, I shouldn't complain because at least it was nice customer service.
I wonder what announcer guys real title is...Macy's emcee? Macy's greeter?
Anyway, I didn't find a dress at Macy's. By-the-way, their map is totally wrong! The dresses are not where the dresses are supposed to be. In fact, I never found them. I left Macy's and headed to Jacques Pennay. And this is where I found the dress. I'll have to take a picture of it because the one on the website doesn't do it justice. I'll post that either later this evening or tomorrow. I also had to go buy a new bra because the dress is pretty low-cut. When I got home and told Mr. Jeep this fact he was extremely excited about that aspect of the dress. LC's response was, "Oooooh, so pretty momma! Pretty tutu!"
No comments:
Post a Comment