Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back from the Woods

So we ventured up north this weekend. We went to Mr. Jeep's family's place in northern MI. It was just Mr. Jeep, LC, Marley, Clifford and myself. It was very nice! That is the first time we've been up there alone in about 4 years. (a very long drawn out story that will be reserved for a future post when I need something to write about) The weather was fantastic. Saturday we went to the beach at Higgins Lake. LC had a blast playing in the water. She was a little hesitant at first about going in the water. After we put her in her inflatable jet ski and took her out in the water, she was fine. As soon as we got back to shore she wanted to go back in. So Mr. Jeep and I walked her in the water and then she didn't want to get out. It was a great day!

In fact LC was great all weekend. I think she had one minor meltdown all weekend and it was really nothing and was resolved quickly. She was polite, loving and had a great time. I was beginning to think we took the wrong kid. And then of course as soon as we get home, the real LC came back out. She was tired, so she was cranky.

Speaking of which, she probably wouldn't have been so tired if Mr. Jeep hadn't decided that he had to have munchies and had to have something to drink. This of course required him to pull off at a rest area, while LC was zonked out in the backseat. Of course as soon as he stops the car, gets out, slams the door and opens the hatch on the back of the car, LC wakes up. I immediately was pissed off, to say the least. After he finally gets back in the car and we're on our way down the road he looks at me and says, "Why are you so pissed off all of a sudden?" I said, "Did you not think she'd wake up as soon as you stopped and started making all that noise?" His response, "No, I didn't think." UGH!

No comments: