I pick LC up from school today and she's in a fantastic mood. She even gave her friend Brooklynn a hug and kiss before we left. We got in the car and I said we had to stop at Meijer on our way home to get diapers and some cheese. LC and I walk into Meijer and she's still in an awesome mood. She's joking with me and telling me about her day. We go straight to the diapers and get what we need. Thus leading into the beginning of the end. Stupid-ass me decides to go down the next aisle and look at the bibs. I forgot that is also the aisle with the sippy cups. I think sippy cups are to LC what purses/shoes are to me. She sees Princess sippy cups and says, "Oooh, Princess cups Mom." So I decide to be nice and let her get them. Her Daddy is out of town, she's in a great mood and I'm feeling hopeful. I hand them to her. Then I decide to look for popsicle molds. I wanted to see how much they were. I couldn't find them, so I decide to go get the cheese and get the heck out of there. All of a sudden LC says, "Lunch box Mom!" So here's where my stupidity really kicks in...I stopped and went back to where the lunch boxes were.
Yesterday morning while I was looking at the sale ads in the paper, LC started looking at them and spotted lunch boxes. She asked if she could get one. And I stupidly said that she could get one someday. Well apparently today was someday, at least in her mind.
They weren't on sale and there was no way in hell that I was going to pay full price for a lunch box. So I told her no that we couldn't get one, but she could get the Princess cups. You would have seriously thought that I just cut off her arm and leg. She started screaming and thrashing in the cart. I made a beeline for the cheese. Then I made a beeline for the checkout. The whole while LC is screaming, crying and thrashing. I went to the self-checkout, scanned the diapers, scanned the cheese and grabbed the Princess cups and put them on the shelf. There was no way in hell that LC was getting anything and being rewarded for her tantrum. This set off a whole new round of screeching. We left and got into the parking lot (still screeching). I had to put a WWE move on her to get her into the carseat. She screamed the whole way home, screamed getting out of the car and screamed coming in the house. And all she was screaming was "LUNCHBOX. LUNCHBOX. I WANT MY LUNCHBOX." I decided to try and be nice and say that I have a lunchbox she can have and we can put Dora or Princess stickers on it. "NO STICKERS. NO STICKERS."
It is moments like these that make me say I do not want any more children. I began making dinner and she kept coming into the kitchen (screaming) all the while I'm calmly talking to her. I was so proud of myself with how calm I was. You would have seriously thought I was back on the Lexapro. Finally I asked her if she wanted to see my lunchbox. She said, "Yeah. I want to see it mom." So I showed it to her and showed her that she could put her sippy cup in there and she was happy. It was as if I flipped a switch and Crabby Patty left. (Crabby Patty is LC's alter ego. She's been with us since birth) And then the rest of the evening she was an angel.
This is where I go back to thinking that having another one wouldn't be so bad. It's a fucking viscious cycle I tell you!
1 comment:
My name is Lucas Sneed and i would like to show you my personal experience with Lexapro.
I am 39 years old. Have been on Lexapro for 3 years now. Went through a phase in life where I lost my job and was under-employed for a couple of years. Had descended to an all time low in self-loathing. Doc intially placed me on Welbutrine, which made me un-motived and essentially a disinterested by-stander in the story that is my life. Switched me over to 10mg dose of Lexapro, which has never increased. I now have a job I love (OK, like) and do not worry about the future. I continue to take Lexapro, as I said I am not as easy going if I miss several doses. My wife can tell when I am off of it, as little things will drive me nuts: barking dogs, annoying habits of others, other drivers, belligerent children...the usual list of suspects. My mother's side of the family is full of passionate, emotional rage machines, so it is a genetic thing or I am a product of the environment in which I spent my formative years. When I am on it I am calm cool and in control. Have notfound it to be physically addictive nor experienced any side effects.
I have experienced some of these side effects-
Uneven temperment, lack of patience if I skip several doses.
I hope this information will be useful to others,
Lucas Sneed
Lexapro Prescription Medication
Post a Comment