I've been watching the Olympics. I love the Olympics. I love everything about the Olympics. I love swimming (go Michael Phelps, you are one bad-ass Mother Fucker!). I love beach volleyball. I love indoor volleyball. I love diving. I love track and field. I love gymnastics (the men are questionable). I love tennis. I hate Bob Costas. The guy annoys the piss out of me. I hate his little comments that he has to put in everywhere. I hate his voiceovers. I hate the way he pushes his voice. You're not funny Costas. You'll never be funny. The only reason people laugh at your dumbass comments is because you have been on NBC for.ever and you probably have some major pull at that network.
And it just occurred to me tonight that the other person almost equally annoying to Costas is Mary Carillo. She's not funny either. And what is with her voice? Watch the woman (I think she's a woman) when she talks. Be sure to look at her neck muscles. It is so obvious that she is also pushing her voice. What woman (again I think she's a woman) pushes her voice? If you haven't been watching the Olympics, she does these special interest clips about the Chinese culture. For instance, this evening she did one on acupuncture. The background information on the acupuncture was interesting. It would have been better if I didn't have to listen to Mary Carillo. And to top things off, the segments start off with her sitting on one couch and Costas on the other. They have some not funny banter between them, do the segment and then return to the 2 of them on the couch. Costas, of course, attempts to be funny and Mary Carillo laughs like a hyena. Just give me the damn events and leave the banter out of it. That's all I ask.
1 comment:
Yep. By the 2nd day of broadcasting, we were wearing out the mute button.
Post a Comment