I haven't had a chance to write about our lovely emergency situation last Saturday. It was fucking wonderful. LC woke up a little earlier than normal. But wait, let me back the bus up a little bit. Mr. Jeep came home from his road trip that Friday evening. Long story short, his flight was delayed and he didn't end up getting home until a little before 10 pm. I let LC stay up since she was really looking forward to her daddy coming home. So she went to bed late Friday night and then was up early Saturday. Not a good combo.
Now to Saturday morning. Mr. Jeep and LC ate breakfast while I was doing something. After eating breakfast, LC wanted to go downstairs to color. So Mr. Jeep took LC downstairs and the dogs followed. I was sitting at the kitchen table eating my breakfast and attempting to read the sale ads in the newspaper. I could hear LC playing with Clifford downstairs. After several minutes of listening to her play with Clifford, I heard a crash and LC started crying. Then the crying stopped. I heard Mr. Jeep say something to her and then I heard him start coming up the basement stairs. So I got up to see what was going on. As I stood up Mr. Jeep yells, "Something's wrong with her! Call 911!" At this point he's in the kitchen holding LC and she's kind of limp in his arms staring at him. Apparently when Mr. Jeep went to pick her up she passed out for a couple of seconds. She was conscious by the time he got to the top of the stairs. So I called 911 and let Mr. Jeep do the talking since he was the one that witnessed the whole thing. Apparently what happened is that LC was chasing Clifford around the basement. Clifford decided to change direction and he came around the chair one way and LC came around the other way and well, I'm sure you're picturing what happened. They collided, head on. LC bounced off Clifford and fell to the floor, hitting her head on the concrete floor.
Now before everyone starts thinking that Mr. Jeep and I jumped the gun by calling 911, let me explain. LC has fallen on that same basement floor and hit her head so many times I can't even count. It's the simple fact that she passed out that had us concerned. She has never passed out before.
So a fire truck pulls up in front of our house and the fireman come in. LC had her face buried in my neck and wouldn't look at the men. Obviously I need to teach this girl a thing or two...a man in uniform (or in this case 4 men in uniform) come to your house, you take notice. They asked us what happened and basically said they couldn't tell us why she passed out. LC wouldn't even let them look in her eyes. So our options were: 1) let them take her in the ambulance; 2) we take her to the hospital; or 3) we call the pediatrician. I opted for #3. Mr. Jeep had to sign some waiver because we were declining medical care by not letting them take her to the hospital.
Did I mention it wasn't even 8 am yet?
We called the pediatrician and she did a full neurological exam on LC. LC passed with flying colors. In fact, LC was fine with everything until the doctor wanted to look into her ears and mouth. We basically had to hold her down while the doctor looked in her ears and mouth. The doctor was amazed at LC's strength, as most people are. She has been strong since before birth. That girl kicked the crap out of my insides and now occasionally kicks the crap out of my outsides.
The doctor sent LC for a CT scan. She was pretty positive that LC was okay, but since it was Saturday and they weren't open on Sunday, she didn't want to chance it. Let me go on the record right here and now, if you are ever given the option of either having your toddler have a CT scan or not having one, go with not having one. I would take the option of not having the CT scan and observing her for any abnormalities, rather than go through the hell of the CT scan. I won't go into all of the details, but I had to remind myself that we wanted to make sure LC was fine. Otherwise I would have snatched her up out of the CT scan room and went home. They had to restrain her and I was so angry that I almost started crying. Nobody but me is allowed to restrain her!
So anyway, she was fine. I'm sure she probably had a really bad headache. The CT scan came back great and there were no problems. It was a long ass day.
No comments:
Post a Comment