Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm Back

It has been a while since I've been here, but I'm back. I've been busy with work, home, LC and looking for a new job. If only I could find a new job. I would be so happy. No, make that ecstatic! I keep getting my hopes up for nothing. I keep telling myself that one of these days a new job is going to turn up and hopefully it will.

Mr. Jeep left this evening for the entire week. He'll be back on Friday. He's going out of town for work. So I'm single parenting it this week. Here's the sucky part about this...Mr. Jeep will never know how it feels to be a single parent for an extended period of time. Right after LC was born (about June, she was born in March), he had to go out of town for work. He struggled with whether or not he should go and I told him it was fine. Usually when he goes out of town for work it involves quite a bit of overtime which = a lot of extra money. So here I was a new mom trying to figure everything out with this new baby and the daddy leaves. I am not exaggerating when I say that as soon as I dropped him off at the airport and he walked away, I started panicking. And to top things off, LC cried the entire way home from the airport. I seriously considered pulling over several times just to breastfeed her so she'd quiet down. I think he was gone for 2 weeks that time. It was the longest two weeks of my life. Everytime I talked to him I wanted to cry. Actually, every time I talked to anyone I wanted to cry during those 2 weeks. But I made it. And when I picked him up from the airport, he had the nerve to tell me that it was super hard on him being away from LC and I for 2 weeks! Whatever dude, you weren't stuck with a newborn.

So anyway, LC and I will be sticking it out alone with Marley and Clifford this week. Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well. I'm thinking of stopping tomorrow and picking up a case of wine. I know a few people that go to Trader Joes to purchase cases of wine. I may have to do that.

No comments: