Monday, June 8, 2009

What's Been Going On?

Not a whole heck of a lot is what’s been going on. Well, I guess I shouldn’t say that. I have been crazy busy at work, I mean crazy! I work for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee (yes, I’m still at that same j-o-b) which explains the reason why I’ve been so busy.

Since my last post I’ve run one race. I ran the Oak Apple Run two weekends ago. It’s a 10K and usually has a pretty small turnout, which is nice for me. My time was 56:32 and I am still very happy with it. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to do a 10K under an hour. I know it’s not fast by any means, but it was fast for me. And in all honesty it probably would have been better if I wasn’t stuck in a crowd for the first mile or so. I was one of those people at one point where I ran up on the sidewalk to go around a group of people. Mr. Jeep and LC went with me because LC was running the Kid’s ¼ Mile Fun Run. So while I was running my 10K they were at the Coney Island in downtown Royal Oak having breakfast. LC got a kick out of seeing me at mile 4. She enjoyed herself because she got to pet a ton of dogs. I did the ¼ mile run with her. We didn’t actually run. She had been practicing for the entire week before by having me count 1-2-3…GO! Sure enough we get to the start line and we start going and she doesn’t want to run. So we walked and then she wanted me to carry her. Mr. Jeep met up with us at the 1/8 mile point and “ran” the rest of the way with us. We told LC that she had to either walk or run through the finish line. She did and she was really excited. She cleaned up at the end of the run! First she got a trophy (I did not) and a backpack full of stuff! And good stuff, not crappy stuff that would end up in the garbage as soon as we got home. Needless-to-say, for the next week she carried that trophy with her everywhere. It was very cute! All momma got was a banana, some Gatorade and water.

No comments: