Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Keep your mouth closed

I was almost home from my run yesterday morning and this bug flew right in my mouth and went back in my throat. I started gagging for a few seconds and was in total disbelief that he flew right back into my throat. I’m pretty sure the damn thing hit my uvula on the way in. That bug must have been flying pretty fast with the force I felt at the back of my mouth. He was too far in to try and spit him out, so I must have swallowed him (I don’t know why she swallowed the fly….).

So I decide on the way to dropping LC off at school to tell her about it…that was a mistake and I should have known it would be. I couldn’t really see her face as I was telling her the story, but she asked me why he flew in my mouth. I had to explain that sometimes those things happen.

LC: “Did he come out?”

Me: “No, I swallowed him because he was back in my throat.”

LC: “I don’t like that very much.”

Me: “Well I didn’t really like it either, it made me gag.”

LC: “Are you o.k.? Where is the bug right now?”

Me: “In my tummy most likely. He’s not coming out my mouth that’s for sure.”

So we get to her school and I go to unbuckle her from the car seat and she has this pained expression on her face and she’s staring at my mouth. I really think she thought the damn bug was going to fly out of my mouth! I had to laugh. She looked at me and she said “Momma, I don’t want you to kiss me today.” I said “why not?” She said, “I don’t want the bug to fly in my mouth when you kiss me!” I couldn’t help but laugh. It’s amazing how her mind works.

She brought it up again at dinner and then before bed and then this morning. Maybe next year she will have stopped asking me about it!

No comments: