Wednesday, June 24, 2009

He's down and not out

Mr. Jeep went fishing Saturday morning on our friends’ boat with the guys. This is something new for Mr. Jeep, he never fishes. But he wants to get into it more and secretly I think he has mini-man crush on our friend Bill that owns the boat. Bill is a cop/fireman/paramedic and is big into hunting and fishing. He also has guns and great toys. All things Mr. Jeep also loves. Anyway, Mr. Jeep ended up hurting his back while fishing Saturday morning. I think the thing that really made it worse was that he didn’t take it easy the rest of the day Saturday, Sunday or Monday. He got up to get ready for work yesterday morning and could barely walk to the bathroom. He’s had this happen before and it was a bulging disc that was causing the problem. So he stayed home yesterday and ended up taking a Vicodin, which he hates doing. He’s still not better today. He’s supposed to be leaving tomorrow night for Vegas for work, but that doesn’t look like it’s going to be happening. He stayed home again today and is going to try and get in to see the doctor. Hopefully they can do something.

Not so great morning run report

I ran this morning and that’s about all that I can say. I ran 3 miles…just 3 miles. It was very humid and I was extremely sweaty when I got home. And no I don’t perspire, I sweat (very easily I might add). It’s supposed to be 95o or something crazy like that today. There’s a heat advisory for today here.

We set up LC’s new pool on Monday and when I got back home from my run I walked over to it and for one brief moment considered jumping in. In hindsight I should have; it would have felt great! Instead, I reached in and splashed water all over my face. It felt good, but not as good as jumping in would have been.

1 comment:

ReformingGeek said...

I'm glad you did 3 miles. Humidity is tough when you're not used to it. It's tough even when you are used to it.