I’ve been thinking about running a marathon for a long time. I’ve always told myself that I will do one before I am no longer part of this Earth. There are two marathons that I would consider doing as my first one. One is the Detroit Free Press/Flagstar marathon and the other is the Chicago Marathon. Obviously the Detroit Free Press/Flagstar would make more sense. Last year I thought about doing it for a long time and then I just didn’t feel quite ready. Plus I figured I should probably do a half before I attempted a full. Well now that I have the half under my belt, I really have no excuses.
Last Thursday I received an email from the Free Press marathon stating that the race fee is cheaper until June 30th. After I finished the Martian ½ Marathon I had made up my mind to run the ½ for the Free Press. Now I’m considering doing the whole thing. In my head I know I could do it, but there’s also a little voice that is telling me that is a long ass way to run! I emailed my friend Elena, which was a mistake blessing, to hear her thoughts on the subject. Of course she says that she would also like to do the full marathon. Of course. She has a book with a training program that only requires you to run three days a week to avoid burnout and injury. Ugh, I think I’m running a marathon. I have until June 30th to make up my mind for the cheaper rate.
2 comments:
A lady in a neighborhood nearby did the Chicago marathon last year. She came home to a huge congratulation banner on her house. Gee, I guess that's how I know about it, huh?
Cowtown (Fort Worth) and White Rock (Dallas) are the big ones around here. I'm still undecided. Go ahead and sign up. Train the best you can and don't worry about the rest!
I know a couple of people that have run the Chicago marathon and apparently it's really flat and great for a first marathon. But I really can't beat doing the Free Press since it's right here.
Thanks for your encouragement! I was thinking the same thing. I know if I sign up that I'll do it...so that's what I'm going to do!
Post a Comment