Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Huge Tumble

Little L has these flip-flop type sandals that have straps on the back. When she's playing outside she is not allowed to wear them because she always falls. Last night we went to a store and I decided to take her outside while I was waiting for Mr. Jeep to get done. Little L decided to start running back and forth in front of the stores on the sidewalk. I told her to be careful and sure enough two seconds later, she fell right on her face. I thought for sure the kid's teeth were knocked out. She started screaming and holding her mouth/nose area. She wouldn't let me look at her teeth. Finally she allowed me to examine her nose and it was not good. She has a huge scrape from the bridge of her nose to the tip and another scrape under her nose. The teeth are in tact. The funny, or not-so-funny thing, is that after she calmed down and was talking, I couldn't figure out why she sounded funny. So then I started wondering if she had chipped a tooth and I just didn't see it (we were in the car at this point). Then I turned and looked at her in the backseat and sure enough her lip was huge! It's hard to tell with her because she has really full lips anyway. Mr. Jeep said it looked like she had collagen injections.

So we went home, cleaned her up and put Neosporin on it and she seemed to be fine. This morning it looked about the same and her lips were back to normal. I'm freaking out that she's going to have a permanent scar on her nose from this, but I think she'll be o.k. (at least that's what I'm trying to tell myself.

No comments: