So Sunday was my 10K run. My friend Elena and her sister Ro ran with me. They're my usual race running partners. I say that we run together, but in actuality we don't. We go to the race together, or meet there. And we all line up together, but as soon as we hit the start line we're all on our own. Elena usually weaves her way through all the people and goes off in the lead. Ro and I usually stick together for most of the race. Yesterday was a little different though. Elena still took off and started weaving through people to get ahead. I even weaved my way through quite a few people. I was doing pretty good and I thought I had lost Ro. She later told me that I was in her sight until about mile 4 and then I took off and she lost me. It was fun and I did pretty good.
Here's the problem from Sunday (isn't there always an issue?). I think it was somewhere around the 1.5 mile mark. I had my headphones on and was rockin' out to my music. Suddenly I started hearing some other music. I assumed it was coming from a nearby car or out of someone's house. I then looked to my right and this woman was pushing a double jogging stroller. She had an ipod music dock on top of the canopy of the jogger and the music was blasting away! I understand that you want to be able to hear your children and be able to talk to them, but other people do not want to hear your music. It was so loud. My next thought was that her kids ears must have been ringing. The music was right on top of their heads! After the race my friend Ro was also complaining about the woman and her music. I guess every race has to have one menace and double jogger lady was it!
1 comment:
That's so true. At my recent race this guy's "cellphone" rang. It was his buddy who was ahead of him asking him where he was. Uh, come on folks, we're running here. It was funny hearing him try to talk while out of breath!
Congrats on your race!
Post a Comment