Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Belated Turkey Day!

The fam and I just got home last night from up north (that's what we Michiganders say when we head to northern MI, for those that don't know). We all left last Friday (before Thanksgiving). The first weekend LC, the dogs and I stayed at my parents' cottage. Mr. Jeep went to his mom's cottage with a couple of friends to go hunting. Way to manly for LC and I! Then Monday we all met up together and spent the remainder of the week at my MIL's cottage. It was very nice to take the week off of work and have a little vacation. There is a lot of snow up there.

Wednesday we bought two sleds, the traditional orange plastic kind that can sit 2-3 people and the good 'ol saucer sled. There's this area by the cottage that we refer to as blueberry valley. Apparently it used to have all these blueberries plants all over and Mr. Jeep's family would pick tons of blueberries. In the 12+ years that I've been going there I have never seen a blueberry. But whatever. And it is a valley of sorts. You have to drive down into it or walk down into it. So needless-to-say there are some excellent sledding hills. After several times of me pushing Mr. Jeep on the sled or vice versa down the hill to get a path worn, we finally had a great run. LC didn't want to ride down with either one of us, she wanted to go by herself. And she wanted to go down on the saucer sled! That's my girl! I should also mention that it was later in the day and so it was getting colder outside. This translates into a very icy sledding run. Very nice!! At one point all three of us were standing at the top of the hill and LC wanted to go down by herself on the saucer sled. We said okay, put her on the sled and gave her a little push. She went flying down the hill, spinning round and round the entire time! She got to the end and hit the soft snow bank and tumbled over backward. She popped up cracking up! She loved it.

I'll have to post pictures later. Mr. Jeep got a really good shot of me going over ass over apple cart down the hill. I'm not quite sure who actually had more fun: LC or us!

No comments: