Sunday, November 30, 2008

Finally some snow

I turned on the news this morning to catch the weather and get caught up on what's been happening around here since we've been gone. Of course, the weather team is freaking out because we're expected to get 4-5" of snow between this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon. You would swear we lived in the South and never got snow. Every year it kills me. And it's not just with the first snowfall, we have to hear it every time we get snow. It's crazy.

Mr. Jeep and I were trying to get some last minute yard work done today before it's supposed to snow. We managed to get quite a bit done and then it started to rain. We headed inside and then it started pouring. Now that I'm looking outside, the rain has turned to a wintry mix and as time goes on it's turning into just snow. The drive to work in the morning should be wonderful.

In addition to the weather people freaking every time it snows, as a Michigan driver you also have to deal with the other morons on the road who drive like they've never driven in snow. It's crazy. We'll get a light dusting of snow and people will drive 15 miles below the speed limit! Driving in the snow is kind of like riding a bike, you never forget! Do you hear me? YOU NEVER FORGET! And if you do forget, then maybe you should move to a state that doesn't get snow.

In case you haven't figured it out, I love snow. We used to own snowmobiles and that was a blast. I also cross-country ski and have since I was about 10 years old. I can't wait until we can buy LC some skis. I'm sure she'll love it. I'm asking for a pair of Yak-Traks for Christmas. In case you don't know what they are, they're for your shoes. You put them on the bottoms of your shoes or boots in the winter and it gives you traction so you don't slip. Here's a picture:




I've been wanting them for a few years now and just haven't purchased them. They're only about $30. They'll be perfect for running in the snow and ice. I hope Santa brings them. And I hope they work as well as they say they're supposed to.

3 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

Keep it up there, sweetie!

I love the snow when it's fresh and pretty. I don't like having to drive in it because down here we get ice, sleet, or sneet; rarely is it pure snow.

I'm so spoiled. I don't like the cold for training. I start whining when it's 40 and windy. ;-)

I've always wanted to try cross-country skiing. I think I would really like it.

Anonymous said...

We didn't get as much snow here yesterday as I thought we would. But it looks to be snowing again.

I tend to stay off the roads - even though I know how to drive in snow. Maybe it'll be a good day for snow angels and hot chocolate.

I love your blog, btw.

massage momma said...

ReformingGeek -- Sneet is a great word. I'm kind of weird I guess because I prefer to run when it's cold. One of my best friends is like you, she prefers to run when it's 90. I love cross-country skiing. If you ever get the opportunity you have to do it!

Ms. Beverly Hills -- Thanks for reading my blog! I haven't been able to post as much as I thought I would. Hopefully now that the holidays are just about over I'll have more time. I love you blog, too. I can also relate because we live in the same area. I have in-laws that also live in Beverly Hills.