Happy Belated 4th of July! The weekend was very uneventful and I am really happy about it. I did not go for a run Thursday evening, but I did go Friday morning. I ran 4 miles and my time was 9:01! I am very pleased with the time. I’ll get under 9 minutes one of these days. I was hoping it would happen this morning and it probably would have had I not gotten stopped at a light and by some idiot that refused to yield to a pedestrian. I ran 3.6 miles this morning and my time was 9:05. Still not bad and very happy about it!
Speaking of the idiot that wouldn’t yield to me, this has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves while out running/walking. It irritates me when I’m in a residential area and people are so impatient that they can’t bother to wait the 5 seconds (not even) it will take me to get across the street. Seriously! Is that teensy bit of time really going to make or break you getting to where you need to go? I’ll never forget the one time I was walking our old dog Buddy. I used to take him on the monster long walks and we were walking on a busy road, but we were on the sidewalk. We came to a light and it was red for us, so I stopped of course. When the light turned green I hesitated a couple of seconds to make sure everyone was stopping and then started to go. As soon as Buddy and I took two steps, the jackass that was turning right decided we had hesitated a little too long and decided to go. I had to yank Buddy back as hard as I could, otherwise he would have gotten hit by that asshole! I was so angry! I couldn’t believe how close that car came to hitting Buddy. I’ve even had that happen while I’ve been running with LC in the jogger. My jogging stroller is this bright lime green color and there is no way you can’t see it. I really think people just don’t care. It’s as if once they’re behind the wheel they are the only thing that matters. The ones that irritate me more than anything are the people that go in front of you and then stare at you like you, as the pedestrian, are in the wrong for being out there in the first place. Frustrating!
So anyway, now that I’m off my little rant, it was a really good run this morning. I definitely think I needed the break and it seems to have helped.
We leave for vacation this Saturday. We’re going camping for a week and then the following week we’re going to be at the property up north. Neither Mr. Jeep nor myself like taking vacation in July, but we are. Originally Mr. Jeep was told by his lovely employer that Chrysler would be taking a mandatory two week shutdown in July. Ford and GM have always done this, but Chrysler never has. And they would have to use two weeks of vacation during that time. So we decided on our trip and I made the camping reservations. About two weeks ago Mr. Jeep found out that now they’ll be working during those two weeks…WTF! At first we thought about only going camping the first week and then using the other week sometime in the fall. But after thinking it over and discussing it, we decided that we had already accepted the fact that we were taking a two week vacation and anything less than that would be a let down. I’m looking forward to it. It should be a lot of fun and LC is really geeked about it!
And today it’s back to work after the holiday weekend!
1 comment:
Your time is impressive. Keep it up!
It seems there is always a struggle to share the road. I hate it when people don't yield to me or give me an inch when they go around me. Sheesh!
We get frustrated with the local cycling club. They ride in packs on a busy road, blocking traffic and then get mad when drivers honk or cut them off. They don't obey the traffic laws like they are supposed to causing even more problems.
It seems as if nobody is ever happy!
Post a Comment