I had put some books on hold at the library and had to pick them up yesterday. I love putting books on hold because I can run in and out. It's fantastic! So anyway, I go to the library, grab my books that were on hold and decide to go into the children's section to get LC some CDs. At our library the children's section is off in it's own area, so as not to disturb the rest of the library. It's a great set-up. There were only two other people in the children's section when I went in there and the librarian at the children's circulation desk. I walk over to start looking at the CDs and my phone starts vibrating (yes, I am always nice enough to put my phone on vibrate in the library). By the time I found it in my purse, it had stopped vibrating. I look and it was Mr. Jeep calling me. So I stepped into the far corner of the children's section so that I was far away from the now one other person in the children's section. This one other person was on the complete opposite side of the room. I called Mr. Jeep back to see what he needed. So I'm talking to him (he wanted to know what we were doing for dinner) and all of a sudden I hear whispering in my other ear. So I turn and it's the librarian and she whispers "There's no cell phones allowed in the library." (as she's making the universal phone gesture with her hand) I said, "What?" (I have never seen a sign) And she repeats herself and walks away. So I say to Mr. Jeep, "I've got to go because apparently cell phones aren't allowed in the library." So I hang up. As I'm walking past the children's circulation desk, their phone rings. The librarian (who I forgot to mention looks like the kindergarten teacher from Billy Madison...you know, the one that eats paste when the kids are napping?) answers the phone and is practically yelling she's talking so loudly. I'm sorry that my 2 second phone call to my husband about dinner disturbed her. I almost said something to her, but I decided to be the bigger person and just let it go.
As I was checking out my books I looked around for a sign about cell phone usage. There wasn't one. Don't get me wrong, had I of been in the regular part of the library, I wouldn't have used it and would have been irritated had someone been near me while I was working on something. But it was the simple fact that I was in a section where there was only one other person. Did I mention the other person had an infant with her?
These library bitches always irritate me.
1 comment:
Library bitches and TSA folks. Give some people a little authority and they go whacko. I like "give people a little rope and let them hang themselves better"!
Post a Comment