Thursday, January 22, 2009

Am I Crazy?

Tomorrow I am going to sign up for my first ever half-marathon. Yes, I will be running 13.1 miles in one day, at one time. I think I've gone mad. The race is April 5th. I started my training last week and so far it's going pretty well. I have decided that I am ditching my brand new trail running shoes. I bought them because I thought it would be better to run in them in the snow and ice than regular running shoes. The shoes are great for traction, but they keep giving me blisters in the arches of my feet. I think the arch support is too much or something.

I've always wanted to do a marathon and so I figure this will set me on my way. We'll see how I feel about the marathon after I finish the half-marathon. My goal for this half-marathon...not to be last. I think that's pretty reasonable.

2 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

Good for you! I may try to do my first marathon later this year. I don't know. My body is really starting to complain about these longer distances. I got new shoes and they seem to help though.

Former Fat Chick said...

My philosophy on running is this:

Running should be reserved for when a man with a knife is chasing you

Jogging on the other hand if for when a Zombie or Mummy chases you, they are kind of slow.