We had a bit of a warm up today. I think the temperature got up to about 55 degrees. And in one day, we lost all of the snow that we had. There was probably a foot of snow in our yard and now it's almost all gone. That is very depressing to me.
I went running this morning and fully expected that I would be running in the road due to ignorant people that never bothered to clear their sidewalks after the last snow. Because the snow was melting, the stuff that was on the sidewalks had turned to ice. Solid ice. At one point I couldn't stop sliding. I thought for sure I was going to seriously hurt myself. At that point I said "F it" and went into the street.
Needless-to-say, I did not get my Yak Trax that I asked for. (I will be ordering them this week) When I got back home from my run I told Mr. Jeep I needed new shoes. He came up with a brilliant idea that never occurred to me...trail running shoes for winter! Genius! So we made a trip to the store today and I bought a new pair of running shoes. I'm very excited to wear them tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment