Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Has Arrived!


Spring has finally arrived here in Southeast MI!! It is supposed to be a wonderful 68° today! Tomorrow 73°, then 75° for the two days after that. We're headed to Northern MI tomorrow evening and it's even supposed to be that warm up there. I cannot wait! I am so ready for the dreary, cold winter we've had to be over. I may have to pull out some capri pants (if they fit) for this wonderful weather.
I noticed yesterday that I've started to regain some of my energy. Thank God! I'm thinking that I'm going to have to rework my workout routine and switch it to the evenings. I'm not so sure how that's going to go, but really I have no other choice. I cannot get my butt out of bed in the mornings to go running or do yoga. So I'm going to make the ultimate sacrifice and switch to an evening workout girl. We'll see how that goes.

The weekend recap...as a reminder, some friends and I went on a scrapbooking weekend this past weekend. It was wonderful! This was our first time at this particular place and it was set-up pretty much the same as the other place we've been to. All meals, snacks and beverages (non-alcoholic) were included. The food was delicious! One difference that we all noted was that at the other place we were never hungry and never needed to snack in between meals/appetizers. At this place I was looking for a snack in between breakfast and lunch and then again in between lunch and dinner. I think one of the reasons was that they spaced out the meals to far apart. The other think I found interesting, they didn't make our beds in the morning. So all day Saturday our beds went unmade. I found that very strange. The other disappointment, the massage therapist wasn't available this past weekend...so no massage! I was so looking forward to one, too. But, other than those couple of things, it was a great weekend. It was only 40 minutes from my house, so that was very convenient.

As I mentioned, Mr. Jeep, LC, the hounds and I are headed up north for Easter weekend. Mr. Jeep and I have been going up north for Easter weekend for as long as I can remember. It takes the pressure off what I like to call "an obligatory holiday". My parents will also be up there at their house, so they're coming over on Saturday for Easter dinner. Nothing fancy, real low-key. We'll probably color Easter eggs on Friday. I'm looking forward to the Easter egg hunt on Sunday. We go to Mr. Jeep's mom's place and it is in the middle of the woods. The next closest house is three miles away. There's no electricity or plumbing (yes, we call it roughing it, but not really). We use propane for the stove, heat and lights and yes, we have to use an outhouse. The outhouse really isn't that bad. I freaked out the first time Mr. Jeep took me up there because before this I refused to ever use an outhouse. But when you have no other option, you do what you have to do. The outhouse is so clean and you don't feel like you're in an outhouse when you're in there. Hard to explain without actually experiencing it, but trust me. So being in the middle of the woods, we can hide Easter eggs everywhere. It should be a lot of fun. LC will love it!

I'm planning on getting a couple of runs this weekend. It's so peaceful running up there because no one else is around. Although, I do tend to freak myself out when I'm out running. Long story, but I always feel like someone is watching me. Kind of freaky, but I don't let it stop me.

No comments: